OUR IDEAL CANDIDATES
A student who:
- Successfully completed senior high school in Ghana within the past two years, with excellent grades or awaiting results.
- Actively involved in co-curricular and leadership activities.
- Has participated in volunteer service prior to applying for this scholarship and is committed to continue to engage in community service during school and after.
- Demonstrated financial need.
YAFGhana Scholarship Applications become available on …
- To request an application send an email with a scanned copy of your WASSCE results slip to [email protected]m or send a picture of your results slips or a screenshot of your results to 0558475705 via WhatsApp. Be sure to note where you went to secondary school in your message.
- If you qualify, you will receive an application form from YAFGhana which is to be completed within two weeks.
- All applications must be complete and submitted by DD/MM/YYYY
- Select candidates will receive interview invitations to be conducted in late …..
- Decisions will be released following the completion of the interviews.
Each year YAFGhana Scholar Program selects fifteen to twenty students to join the program from hundreds of candidates. Once admitted to YAFGhana Scholar Program the students are given preparation for the American SAT examinations and guided through the elaborate university application process. This preparation takes place at YAFGhana Scholar Program base, where the students and their instructors live together for about 15 weeks between April and November. The students pay nothing. All costs, including examination fees, are met by YAFGhana Scholar Program.
Admission to the universities to which YAFGhana students apply is extremely competitive. The best students from all over North America, and indeed all over the world, aspire to join these universities. For that reason, YAFGhana is extremely selective in choosing the students to join the program. Only the students with the best chance of gaining university admission are taken into the program.
With this in mind, each year YAFGhana stipulates a minimum score on the previous year’s WASSCE exam as a requirement for all students who apply to join the program. The minimum WASSCE score is just the first hurdle in a long application process, which is explained to qualifying applicants as they proceed through the process. All that is needed to begin the process is a scanned copy of a student’s WASSCE results slip emailed to YAFGhana.
Prospective applicants should keep in mind that applying to YAFGhana Scholar Program is a long process involving a detailed application form and, for short-listed applicants, a diagnostic test and an interview.
The process begins when WASSCE results are released, and it goes on until the final selection of YAFGhana Scholar Program class is announced in early …..
- YAFGhana does not award university scholarships. Rather, once YAFGhana students are admitted to American universities, it is the universities themselves that offer the scholarships, which are based on the admitted students’ financial need.
- YAFGhana has nothing to do with either post-graduate studies or transfer applications from students who have already begun university studies. YAFGhana is strictly a program for NEW high school graduates seeking the first-year admission for undergraduate study Abroad.
- Nor does YAFGhana work with students seeking athletic scholarships. All YAFGhana students apply for need-based financial aid, which is awarded only by the most academically competitive universities to students who meet their extremely high academic standards.
Ferdinand Quayson, Executive Director/Founder – 0558475705
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates.
Note that subscribing to emails is not expressing interest in applying.
To apply, follow instructions on the application page.