Now recruiting for the 2020 cohort
Young Achievers Foundation Ghana (YAF Ghana) is an initiative that promotes access to higher education for determined, brilliant, low-income students in Ghana. This initiative provides a platform for students to explore the various scholarships and funding avenues available to them to pursue higher education.Our mission is to serve as a conduit through which low-income students can apply for and secure scholarship to pursue higher education. Learn more
YAF GHANA CLUB IN KUMASI
For the past three years, YAF Ghana has recruited talented students through the YAF Ghana Scholars Program and helped them to secure scholarships to prestigious universities around the world.
Our scholars have gained admissions to various universities including Harvard, Duke, Cornell, Princeton, Yale, Amherst, UW-Madison, UNC-Chapel Hill, etc. Due to the small number of students we select (usually 8-10 students) every year, we are unable to enroll additional good students who qualify for our program. We have now decided to create YAF Ghana Clubs in Kumasi and Accra which will help us to enroll more students into our program. This year, we are starting with YAF Ghana Club in Kumasi.The venue will be at our new YAF Ghana Scholarship Center which is 5 min drive from Kwame Nkrumah University Science and Technology (KNUST).
BENEFITS OF BEING A YAF GHANA CLUB MEMBER;
Our YAF Ghana Club Members will:
- Enjoy subsidized SAT tuition (around half the amount charged by Prep Centers such as Afex and ACE Consult).
- Receive free college application consultation (this will be available to members that excel in the SAT exams).
- Free SAT registration (this will also be available to members that consistently produce excellent scores in practice tests).
- Have access to our new YAF Ghana Scholarship Center which has over 10,000 books and college prep materials, computers, free internet access, media and conference rooms, etc.
- Partake in our college essay writing workshops and development programs.
- Have access to our wide network of YAF Ghana mentors and alumni.
- Engage in one-on-one college interview preps.
- Partake in Skype calls with college recruitment officers
Note: YAF GHANA DOES NOT CONSIDER STUDENTS FOR POST-GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS. ENTERING INTO THIS PROGRAM IS NO GUARANTEE OF A SCHOLARSHIP OR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO SCHOOL ABROAD.OUR IDEAL CANDIDATES
A student who:
- Successfully completed senior high school in Ghana within the past three years, with excellent grades or awaiting result.
- Actively involved in co-curricular and leadership activities.
- Has participated in volunteer service prior to applying to this program and is committed to continue to engage in community service during and after school.
- Demonstrated financial need.
NOTES: IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN SMALL CLASS SIZES OF 10-12 STUDENTS PER CLASS, YAF GHANA WILL SELECT ONLY 30 STUDENTS FOR THIS YEAR’S PROGRAM.
>>> YAF Ghana 2020 Stage 1 Application deadline: May 16, 2020 >>>
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE STAGE 1 APPLICATION
Thank you for applying to join our YAF Ghana Club program in Kumasi.
We look forward to reviewing your application!For further information contact YAF Ghana on WhatsApp @ +1 860-807-6705 or
call the following number;
- Ferdinand Quayson – 0558 475 705
- Daniel Apraku – 0242985 384
- William Ocran (Kumasi Anglican S.H.S) – 0242 176 432